Monday, October 3, 2016

Happy Monday To You!

Hello to you!  It is Monday, so you know the saying, “I hate Monday!” I hear it all of the time from my little cousin.  Well, I love Monday because I feel that I can start fresh.  Don’t, get me wrong, there are some Mondays that I wish were actually Tuesday because I’m off on Wednesday.  But, I figure I can do one of two things: 1) I can be bummed out over a single day, or 2) I can be happy and get the day over with.  I choose to be happy!

This week is also the first full week of October.  I am always curious about what happened on certain days of the month in history.  For example, this day October 3, 1929, did you know that a prison riot took place at Colorado State penitentiary where several inmates attempted to escape and it turned into a hostage situation?  I am certain that there are other things that took place on that day in 1929; but, criminal justice was my minor in college so naturally this caught my attention, LOL.

The reason why I am bringing up commemorative dates is because the month of October is “National Work and Family Month.”  This designation was brought on by the recognition of changing family dynamics over the last several decades.  For more information, click on the World at Work site for more information. 

The information about National Work and Family Month was an amazing find for me and I am sure that you will find it useful or interesting as well for one reason or the other.   The reason why I find it amazing that I am just now hearing about this is because I did it through asking a simple question, “what went on in October?”  Blogging is forcing me to ask simple questions that I normally would not ask at my full time job.  For example, normally I only focus on the number date, not the significance, if any.  I absolutely love that my brain receives this type of stimulation!

That’s all that I have for right now.  I am planning on posting again early this evening.  I recently signed up for a few programs I want to share with you.  If you belong to the same ones I certainly hope to hear from you about them. 

Have a blessed and happy Monday!

Proverbs 14:23

“All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment